Monday, June 16, 2008

Backtracking - Zürich

This post should have been the first, but I didn't get around to setting a blog up until now. Better late than never. My flight from Toronto on June 1 had an 8 hour stopover at Zürich, so I had a chance to visit the city. My camera's batteries didn't allow me to do the visit justice, but at least it's something. Hopefully I'll have a short video for this one done up soon too.
A side note - I've noticed numerous people back home (not only aquaintances and friends, but TV personalities too) confuse Sweden and Switzerland, "Swedish" and "Swiss", presumably because these countries share the same first two letters in their English names. "You're going to Sweden? Bring me back one of those knives!" I was probably guilty of the same 6 months ago. Seeing both places on the same day cleared me right up.

1 comment:

  1. haha I can relate to that mixing up thing, although I wont get the chance to visit Sweden this time around. =p Theres good chocolate here though. __Cindy

    ReplyDelete