Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nothing important

Meatballs out of stock Wow, it's been a while since my last post. I guess it's a combination of being busy at work and August having been a pretty uneventful month. The most exciting thing that's happened is me trying to find half-price meatballs on sale (click on picture for some more recent pictures taken around home). It's been cloudy or rainy for at least 5 days a week all month, so I haven't gotten out much. The days are definitely getting shorter, too - it used to be broad daylight at 10pm, but now it's pitch dark after 9. It's also hard to believe that there's only 4 weeks of work left, and I haven't done half of what I aimed to do. No matter, I still learned some very nifty tricks working with Excel and VBA. I'm actually leaving my collegues a "software package" (probably a very inappropriate use of the term) consisting of an Excel add-in that will automate a lot of very tedious and high-volume manual work. I just hope it doesn't become obsolete from changing requirements 2 weeks after I leave. If nothing else, at least it made my own work easier. Also, Brian is coming this Friday to get a taste of Stockholm for five days (I hope the weather will cooperate), and next Wednesday we'll be off together to see Kari in Vienna for another five days. That should enough excitement to break this month's dry spell. After that, I'll have only another two more weeks of work! Time is really just wizzing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment