Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trip to Paris - Days 4 and 5

I'm back in Sweden now. It's been 5 days since I've been in an empty house in the quiet suburbs (as opposed to Christy's apartment in the festive St. Germain neighbourhood), and I miss the Paris atmosphere already. It's really something that has to be experienced first hand. Life just felt much simpler in Paris, and I think that living in an apartment (instead of a hotel) really gave me the feeling of living, and not just visiting, the city. Today (Day 5) was mainly the journey back to Stockholm. I snuck a quick visit to the Arc de Triomphe (top) for a few minutes before catching the bus to the airport. The rest of the day was pretty much the 10 hour journey. Yesterday (Day 4) was a visit to the Palace of Versailles (middle, bottom). I was no doubt impressed by the palace itself, but the crowds of tourists (myself being one, of course) kind of took away from the experience. That's just not avoidable. Anyway, it's back to business as usual starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment